Friday, March 23, 2007

Turtle Soup




















Okay.

Bad stuff:
-Splinter looks like Basil Brush.
-Inexplicably bad quips ("They really don't die!")
-Not nearly enough Donatello.
-It doesn't make any sense.
-The baddie looks like Mr. Incredible but sounds like Captain Picard.
-IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE.
-Michaelangalo is still annoying. There. I said it.

Good stuff:
-Splinter is voiced by Aku from Samurai Jack.
-A fleeting Samurai vs. Ninja girlfight.
-A kitchen fight with a baby imp set to 'Black Betty'.
-Someone falls to their knees and screams "NO!" (when has this not been funny?)

So, no, it's not a good film. In fact, it's an insult to the characters and at times embarrassing. However, it's also very entertaining and by the time you notice something to complain about it's just disappeared into a bigger plot hole or a non-sensical action scene.

And yes, I realise that I just dedicated an entire blog to TMNT.
I'll watch some proper films soon, I promise.

No comments: